We are constantly striving to do more, reach new goals and figuring out ways to be successful. Sometimes we look for those quick and easy ways to get results, but in the end the most long-lasting results are the product of hard work and there is no way of getting around it. So how can you get started on reaching those goals? Well, here are 5 steps to identifying your goals and taking the leap to success.
- Figure out your BIG goal. What is your WHY? Find your True North. Whatever your ultimate goal is, figure it out. Write it down. (Certain times in your life you may change your BIG goal or figure out your True North is something different and it is certainly ok to change it. It is also ok to have more than one BIG goal.)
- What parts of your life can you work on that will help you get to that big goal? (Ex. family, work, business, or your health.)
- Within those facets of your life, what can you do improve those specific things? (Ex. My business, Becoming Badass, is a part of my True North. By staying innovative, creating more classes and being a better coach I can improve that part of my life.)
- Set small goals to improve those facets. ( Ex. Creating a seminar to help others improve there life in all areas is a small goal to expand Becoming Badass.)
- Make lists to reach those goals. Start with monthly TO DO’s, then weekly and then daily. There will be a consistent list of things to do that you will do daily. In the end creating some great habits. If you stick with it! (Ex. Setting a date, finding content, creating an outline, advertisement, etc. will all be on some of those TO DO lists to getting to the small goal.)
As I sit here creating this blog I am able to check off a task on my TO DO list. My True North is to Change people's lives, creating a badass community and through Becoming Badass and inspiring others I can do so. Whatever your BIG goal is at the moment remember it. Write it down and put it somewhere you can see daily. When you wake up, wake up with purpose. Everything you do should have significance and in the end improving all facets of your life, reaching that BIG goal.